It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to automatically add comments by sending an email with a work item ID in the subject or footer?

HIROAKI JOSAKO (47430) | asked Oct 15 '20, 10:26 p.m.
edited Oct 15 '20, 10:50 p.m.

Is there a way to automatically add comments by sending an email with a work item ID in the subject or footer?

I would like to automatically update the replies exchanged by email to work items.
I heard that JIRA has such a function, so I'm asking if it can be done with RTC.
We use Ver6.0.6

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 16 '20, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No. As far as I know there is not. 

HIROAKI JOSAKO selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Oct 19 '20, 2:14 a.m.

Thanks Ralph
hm... right.

It seems that it was possible, when it was ClearCase or RTCv1.0

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 19 '20, 2:25 a.m.
ClearCase is a different product and does not matter here.

I have been covering RTC since the 1.0 Beta and there was never a feature like this in the product. We had a small team that created and maintained license-able extensions for customers. I think they had created something like this. Not sure. It is definitely possible to do.

HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Oct 22 '20, 2:30 a.m.

I see
I understand.  It can not be helped.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 22 '20, 2:50 a.m.

It would be easy enough to implement. You would need a mail bot that you send the message to and you could use the API or https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line/ to update the work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.