It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When to use "TrackedBy" vs. "ImplementedBy" Links?

Fabian K. (236) | asked Jun 30 '20, 7:16 a.m.
Hi,
I am struggling to understand the difference between the "trackedBy" and "implementedBy" links from Work Items to RM artifacts. I found these descriptions, but they were too abstract to be really helpful for me:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-domains/oslc-rm/v2.1/oslc-rm-v2.1-part2-requirements-management-vocab.html#trackedBy

Can someone please provide some concrete examples of use cases of each of these link types? Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Hubert Aunkofer (383) | answered Jun 30 '20, 9:37 a.m.
The "implemented by" link connects a work item to requirement artefact.
The work item is for the person implementing what is described within the requirement.

The original meaning of the tracked by link is to observe the writing of a requirement itself. Or in other words, the work flow how the requirement evolves over time, e.g. from submitted to reviewed. You needed CCM and DNG application for this.

Inside current version of DNG, there is a built-in capability to have a status workflow on a requirement artifact.
Fabian K. selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Fabian K. commented Jul 01 '20, 2:16 a.m.

Thank you for this helpful explanation. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.