It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export permission by Role from a Quality Manager?

Siddharth Kaul (135) | asked Jan 23 '20, 5:58 a.m.
The version is 6.0.6.1 for the Quality Manager

I have looked into a previous question asked here way back in 2013. 

What i want is a way to export all the permission that exists in tool versus the role that has each permission in a CSV or any other readable format.
I am not able to find any export section in the "permission" tab under the "Manage This Project" options.

Can somebody point me out to a way to achieve this?
Shouldnt this be already an option in the tool seeing that a work item is already created here.

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-François CHAPELLE (6414) | answered Jan 25 '20, 1:42 a.m.

Shows the "Project Process Tempate" file (you can export it) ...

In this file (a "*.zip" file), you will find the permissions definition ...Today, I think it's the only easy way to obtain the roles permissions ...

There is long time ago, I have posted an RFE to obtain and modify these permissions with an API ... I am waiting always ...

Regards.

Comments
Siddharth Kaul commented Jan 27 '20, 9:26 a.m.

Hi I have tried this. I had exported the project process template from Manage this project area. The only files that are visible from the zip are 

1. attachments.txt
  2. components.txt
  3. name.txt
  4. processId.txt
  5. specification.txt
  6. state.txt
  7. version.txt
I did not find any permission.txt file.

Siddharth Kaul commented Jan 27 '20, 10:06 a.m.

Thanks got the permission tag. Yeah still not easy to read but still got the starting point that was needed. 

permanent link
Stefan Oblinger (185213) | answered Jan 27 '20, 9:38 a.m.

Permissions are in specification.txt 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.