It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a "Depends-On" link never completes

Ryan McFadden (191318) | asked Jul 12 '19, 8:04 p.m.

I have a development server setup on Liberty.  I'm running RTC 6.0.3

I have a project area that I am developing some custom Follow-Up actions and Preconditions.

I have a followup action that will be clearing a field once a Save Operation includes a specific workflow action.  

I set a break point in the follow up action code and when I attempt to add the Depends-On relation ship to the current work item and click save, the code goes non-responsive when it hits my call to the IWorkItemServer.resolveWorkItemReferences(IWorkItem, monitor) method.  

I have let this go for up to 1/2 hour with it not returning from this call.  

Sometime in this 30 minute time span the ccm.log shows:
ERROR sqlExceptionLogger - CRJAZ1318E the server could not connect to the database. Try the operation again.
Transaction rollback 

this is followed by a table of Lock Details

In order to recover, I have to force kill the CCM process and restart the server.  After restarting I can update both work items I'm trying to link using the Depends-On/Blocked relationship by modifying any of the attributes of the work items, but if I try to link using this relationship, the same thing happens as outlined above.  

Is my derby database in a bad state?  If so is there a way to recover?  

Any Ideas?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.