It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting the resourceURI for a DNG module via the RM API

Anthony Weber (112) | asked May 23 '19, 8:21 a.m.

Is there a way to retrieve a RM module's resourceURI via the RM.Data.Attributes (for example) interface?  I've looked through the API documentation and have not found a way yet.  In DNG, the value I'm looking for is in dataSources.artifact.itemId

It would be nice if I could retrieve this via a plugin within RM.

Thanks,
Tony

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Weber (112) | answered May 24 '19, 8:55 a.m.

OK.  Figured it out with some help from some borrowed code. from Andrew Lloyd's post on Jan 21, 2015...

Andrew Lloyd (5346| asked Jan 21 '15, 1:50 a.m. 
edited Jan 22 '15, 10:27 p.m.

Here's his code with the needed mod to post the resourceURI (refer to his post for the rest of the plugin (i.e., the xml part))
$(function() {        
    RM.Event.subscribe(RM.Event.ARTIFACT_SELECTED, function(selected) { 
        if (selected.length == 1) { 
            selectedArtifact = selected[0]; 

RM.Data.getAttributes(selectedArtifact, [RM.Data.Attributes.CONTAINING_MODULE], function(attrResult) { 
                if (attrResult.code != RM.OperationResult.OPERATION_OK) { 
                    alert('get containing module failed in getContainingModule'); 
                    return; 
                } else { 
                    var module = attrResult.data[0].values[RM.Data.Attributes.CONTAINING_MODULE]; 

RM.Data.getAttributes(module, function(result) { 
                        if (result.code != RM.OperationResult.OPERATION_OK) 
                        { 
                            alert('get attributes of module failed in getContainingModule'); 
                            return; 
                        } 
                        var moduleAttributes = result.data[0]; 

$('#descript').val(moduleAttributes.values[RM.Data.Attributes.DESCRIPTION]); 
                        $('#identity').val(moduleAttributes.values[RM.Data.Attributes.IDENTIFIER]); 
                        $('#moduleName').val(moduleAttributes.values[RM.Data.Attributes.NAME]);
var uri                 = module.toUri();
var uriPieces           = uri.split('/');
var len = uriPieces.length;

$('#info').val(uriPieces[len - 1]);      // this val posts to a fourth box in the plugin.
                    }); 
                } 
            }); 
        } else { 
            $('#descript').val(''); 
            $('#identity').val('N/A'); 
            $('#moduleName').val('Select a single artifact.'); 
        } 
    }); 
}); 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.