It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to pass additionalSaveParameters to save process item operation

SEC Servizi (97123860) | asked Mar 20 '19, 12:19 p.m.
IWorkItemServer#saveWorkItem3 provides additional param additionalSaveParameters that can be retrieved back via ISaveParameter#getAdditionalSaveParameters from an AdvisableOperation.
IProcessService#saveProcessItem doesn't provide additional param additionalSaveParameters.
IProcessService#saveProcessItem3 (or IProcessService#saveProcessItem2 too) similar to IWorkItemServer#saveWorkItem3 doesn't exist yet.
Anyone knows how to pass additionalSaveParameters to save process item operation?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '19, 4:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For work items, you can also add additional save parameters using com.ibm.team.workitem.client.WorkItemWorkingCopy#getAdditionalSaveParameters()#add().

This seems to also not be available for process items. I think it is not designed for such complex scenarios.

SEC Servizi commented Mar 21 '19, 6:08 a.m.
This seems to also not be available for process items.

We opened Enhancement 478541.

I think it is not designed for such complex scenarios.

Aren't additional save parameters already present on every AdvisableOperation?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '19, 6:20 a.m. | edited Mar 21 '19, 6:20 a.m.

Each operation has a different interface that is used to pass data. So the answer to your question in the comment is NO.

If you check you will find that you have to cast to the operational parameter type. I was only able to find getAdditionalSaveParameters on

com.ibm.team.workitem.common.ISaveParameter

SEC Servizi commented Mar 21 '19, 6:36 a.m. | edited Mar 21 '19, 6:37 a.m.
I was only able to find getAdditionalSaveParameters on
com.ibm.team.workitem.common.ISaveParameter 
You're right, I missed that. :(
Thank you, Ralph.
Cheers.

SEC Servizi commented Mar 21 '19, 7:06 a.m.
Each operation has a different interface that is used to pass data. So the answer to your question in the comment is NO.
We see AdvisableOperation always has #setOperationConfigurationInfo and #setReportData. In your opinion, could we think to use (as a giant hack, we guess) these methods to pass additional info to our save process item operation?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '19, 7:33 a.m.

I think this is risky at best and can not provide suggestions. I can not even see if you can pass information using that.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.