It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RM Selection Dialog Returns 404 On All Artifacts

David Reilly (69742) | asked Jan 09 '19, 3:02 p.m.
retagged Jan 11 '19, 6:57 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Hi Jazz Forum, 

Hoping someone can help me understand what precisely I'm doing wrong. 

I've delved into our OSLC root services catalogue and am following the steps both in the guided training and other posts like this one

Unfortunately, after I select any artifact (both text, file, and module) I am continually receiving 404 responses. Is this expected? How can I mitigate this issue?

Thank you,
David

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 10 '19, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

404 indicates that the link you are using to access whatever you want to access with whatever the link looks like can not find that resource. 

David Reilly commented Jan 10 '19, 9:09 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. 

Your response led me to question whether using the RRCPicker vs CollectionPicker would help. In this case, the CollectionPicker was successful. I then retested the RRCPicker and that worked as well. 

I suppose it's possible I was logged out in the interim? Can't think of anything else which would have caused this. Either way, I appreciate your comment. 

Thanks,
David

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 10 '19, 9:28 a.m. | edited Jan 10 '19, 9:30 a.m.

Yes, being logged out or lacking the session ID's etc can cause something like this. Another thing to consider is that the pickers are, as far as I know, supposed to be used in an iFrame (I have only a remote idea of what that means 8)). 

PS: you can find the HTTP response code definitions in the Wikipedia and at some other places. It is important to know what they mean.

David Reilly commented Jan 10 '19, 10:36 a.m.

All good. 

Yeah, I knew 404 meant an error on the client-side, it's just a bit difficult to diagnose.

Any chance you know what type of response I should expect after selecting one of the artifacts? I'm getting a 200-response (OK), but am seeing the "Javascript is either disabled or not enabled in your browser" response in XML. Trying to get the etag value of the requirement.

I'm attempting this in Chrome, by the way.

Thanks,
David 

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 10 '19, 10:43 a.m.

David, I am a beginner here as well. There is the OSLC workshop and material for OSLC on external sites.

The JavaScript thing indicates that the page tries to to login or execute other JavaScript but there is no engine because - wild guess - you run the request in a REST tool such as POSTMAN. 

As I said, I think I remember the pickers are supposet to be run in an IFrame in a real browser window. They likely require JavaScript.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.