It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query the test case execution record removed for a specific test plan by using Rest API?

jane zhou (1061068) | asked Aug 05 '18, 12:27 a.m.

Hi Someone who may concern,

We are working on 6.0.4. Our RQM project is under global configuration with several RQM local streams.
          We are trying to use RQMUrlUtility to get all artifacts related to a test plan.
           i.e. according to test plan number, fetch test case/tcer/test case execution result back for this test plan automatically.
          We are trying to use JRS before, but it is very unstable, and very easy to timeout, or some time no configuration show up properly. And IBM is still working on fix for a long time.
         so we decide to use another way to get data, i.e. by sending HTTP command. 
         However, it is very slow. unlike RTC, there is no JAVA library can be used. 

So, we are trying to implement a tool to read delta data only. i.e. instead of reading the same data again and again, since we need to query the same test plan. we just want to read data changed from a time point recorded in previous fetching. 
   say. we add a condition as this:   ...&modifiedSince=2018-08-01T00:00:00Z for the time point, only fetch data changed after that.

However, we found by using this way, we can read test case/tcer/tcer result adding to this test plan. but for removing, i.e. if you remove tcer /test case/tcer result from the test plan, we can not find REST API to get it.
It is not considered the case can be filtered by "modifiedSince". And then we try to read history of test plan.

But it can only return info for test case removed. but for tcer and tcer result, if we remove them in RQM, it will not recorded in test plan history at all.
       And then I tried to check from history of tcer and tcer result by REST API, if you did not specify the number of tcer or tcer result, it will just return nothing, you need to specify the tcer number you want to access, however, since I already delete it, I can not see the history for the deleted records. 

https://<local host>:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/history?resourceId=resources/<project_name>/executionworkitem
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"><title type="text">Item Archive/Deletion History</title></feed>

So I am wondering whether IBM provide any REST API to get all artifacts related to a test plan for remove operation?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jane Zhou

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 07 '18, 8:00 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jane, 

I'm not sure I understand your use case or question.  

Some things for you to consider:

Note: You cannot delete a test artifact and all referenced/associated test artifacts in one HTTP DELETE request.

Comments
jane zhou commented Aug 07 '18, 1:13 p.m.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick reply!
         Please see my question as follows:
         Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

permanent link
jane zhou (1061068) | answered Aug 07 '18, 1:13 p.m.
edited Aug 07 '18, 1:15 p.m.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply!
        I can specify Configuration URI properly.
        And when I delete a test artifact, say a tcer, then the tcer and tcer results related to this tcer are all gone.
        Our plan is to fetch data by using test plan as condition.
        i.e. we want to fetch tcer, test case tcer result for a specified test plan.
        We have a test plan has 20000 test cases and 80000 tcer, and more tcer results. and number is still increasing.
        So it is not efficient to just fetch the old data again and again 
         We want to only fetch the data change during a time period for this test plan, say after 2018/08/01, then we will combine them with the previous record in our local machine, i.e. you can consider we maintain a data warehouse locally.
         However, when we use REST API to query artifact related to a test plan modified after xxx:xx:xx, it will not include the items for removing or adding of artifact. it only return the artifact content with modification after xxx:xx:xx.
        So, we want to check history of test plan to see whether it include  history record of remove or add, but we found it only include record for adding and removing test case, but for removing or adding records for tcer and tcer , it did not show up there in history of test plan.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Aug 07 '18, 1:32 p.m. | edited Aug 07 '18, 1:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jane,

I would consider this a defect since RQM does not update the modification time stamp of the test plan (or add an event to the history) when creating the TCER from the test plan editor (even though is saves the test plan editor).  Please open a RQM defect (https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem).

Could you use fields filtering (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#fields) to find the new TCERs associated with the test plan?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.