It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Who am I ?

Peter Turvey (99236) | asked Mar 19 '18, 6:27 a.m.

If I access my RTC server's Change and Configuration Management web-page I start off with a page where I have to provide my login details. I log in as "peter.turvey" and this gets me to the >https://<servername>/rs/reports page. i.e. "Jazz Report Builder".

In the top right corner of this (next to the Settings cog wheel thing) it shows the user name. Sometimes it says I am "peter.turvey". Sometimes it says I am "Admin".

I have no idea why it varies. I thought I would be "peter.turvey" all of the time since that is who I am on the page where I clicked the 'Reports / Using Report Builder' menu option.

Can anyone explain what's happening here ?

Thanks

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Mar 19 '18, 6:30 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '18, 2:16 a.m.

Sorry something went wrong there. I'll try again :

Peter Turvey commented Mar 19 '18, 6:34 a.m. | edited Mar 20 '18, 2:17 a.m.

If I access my RTC server's Change and Configuration Management web-page I start off with a page where I have to provide my login details. I log in as "peter.turvey" and this gets me to the https://servername/ccm/web/projects/.....dashboard.viewDashboard page

If I then select the 'Reports / Using Report Builder' menu option I get to the >https://<servername>/rs/reports page. i.e. "Jazz Report Builder".

In the top right corner of this (next to the Settings cog wheel thing) it shows the user name. Sometimes it says I am "peter.turvey". Sometimes it says I am "Admin".

I have no idea why it varies. I thought I would be "peter.turvey" all of the time since that is who I am on the page where I clicked the 'Reports / Using Report Builder' menu option.

Can anyone explain what's happening here ?

Thanks

Donald Nong commented Mar 20 '18, 2:19 a.m.

Your user name should never be displayed as "Admin". This can happen when you log in with the JazzAdmins role but the user name is not recognized by the system. This appears to be an SSO issue, but more details are needed to answer your question - for example, is it a distributed environment? How SSO is configured?

Peter Turvey commented Mar 20 '18, 12:00 p.m. | edited Mar 20 '18, 8:04 p.m.

Thanks for the reply, it gives me something to investigate.

I am a "JazzAdmin". Active Directory Users and Computers confirmed that.

The Report Builder doesn't seem to know if I'm "Admin" or "peter.turvey". Today I am "peter.turvey".

If it thinks I am "Admin" then I just log off and on a few times until it gives me the answer I want. i.e. it says I am "peter.turvey".

It all seems very random. Do you know if there is a log file or something I can look at ?

Donald Nong commented Mar 20 '18, 8:05 p.m.

You need to look at the JRS log file and the log file of the application server (WAS? Liberty?).

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.