It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I remove tag entries from Select Tag dialog in DNG 6.0.3?

Ana Gonzalez (132) | asked Feb 28 '18, 1:34 p.m.

I'd like to remove unused, obsolete shared tags from the "Select Tag" dialog window so they are not suggested when a user attempts to tag an artifact?  Where are shared tags stored?  

I found similar question "How to Edit/Remove tags from project in DNG (6.0.2)" but the response just says to deselect tag.  I have already made sure the the tag I want to delete is no longer referenced, yet the tag still shows up for selection.  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (710118) | answered Feb 28 '18, 2:10 p.m.

Hi Donnabel, 

Whether you're in a Module or on All Artifacts, it works the same way. Select the hamburger menu at the top right of the page and select Manage Tags.  Select the Tag(s) you wish to delete and then click Delete.   They will no longer appear on the list when using Select Tag.

In my company, we created a Project Lead role for each Project, and limited the ability to create Shared tags to only those members who have that Role.  Everyone can create as many Personal tags as they'd like, but only Project Leads can create Shared tags. We did the same for Shared Views.  

Regards,
Carol

Ana Gonzalez selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ana Gonzalez commented Feb 28 '18, 2:29 p.m.

Thank You!  Exactly what I was looking for! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.