It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a limit to the number of project areas that can be seen by the RQM QTP Adapter?

Rob Earns (1014) | asked Jan 12 '18, 1:41 p.m.

I am using RQM QTP Adapter 6.0.4.  When I connect to our development environment that has many RQM project areas, I only see a small amount of them returned to the adapter command window.  If I try to connect to one of the RQM project areas that was not displayed, then I get an error in the error log like this:

Attempting to connect using project area "RQM_Delivery_Team_Test" failed.  No such project area was found.

If I try to connect to one of the project areas that was displayed in the adapter command window when it connects to the RQM server, it works.

Is there a way to have the RQM QTP Adapter see all of the project areas? 

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jan 15 '18, 3:35 a.m.

I don't think there is a limit to show the number of project areas in the QTP Adapter.

How many projects do you have and how many can you see in the adapter list?
You may want to check to see if your user id is a member of those missing project areas or not and if the right roles are assigned(by comparing to the roles in the project areas you can see in the adapter.

Comments
Rob Earns commented Jan 15 '18, 12:31 p.m.

I have 283 active project areas in this server environment. 50 project area names are returned to the QTP Adapter after connecting to this server.  I am in the Administrators group and I have a role with all permissions in some of the project areas that were not displayed in the QTP Adapter.

Rob Earns commented Jan 15 '18, 1:30 p.m.

I opened a PMR for the issue.

Don Yang commented Jan 15 '18, 5:42 p.m.

Ok, I see what happens here now. It seems that QTP Adapter uses REST API feeds to
get the project area list, there is a default limit of '50' on the maximum
entries that a REST API feed can obtain. You can go to RQM application administration page (qm/admin) > Advanced Properties,

Edit the value "Max Feed Entries/Page" under RQM Integration Component and
set it to 300 so that you can see all 283 projects.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.