It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove/delete changeset linked to a workitem?

Venkatesh R (1528) | asked Sep 14 '17, 9:31 a.m.
edited Sep 15 '17, 2:38 a.m.

I had created a changeset and linked it to a workitem. I now did not want this change and instead of discarding the changeset, I deleted the Repository workspace. Now as the repository workspace is deleted, I would expect the undelivered changeset that is checked in to this RWS should also be deleted. But instead I still see this changeset linked to the same workitem. Clicking on the changeset URL shows me the following.

Source control >  {unknown workspace} component1 >

As the repo workspace is deleted, it is shown to be present as "unknown workspace". So reloading of RWS and discarding the changeset is also not possible.

How do I delete this hanging changeset and how do I remove the linkage to workitem.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 14 '17, 2:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since you seem to be completely unaware of the RTC SCM and CM features, I would strongly suggest to really read up on the Jazz SCM FAQ and other of the SCM articlesto understand the concepts and how all this works. Also, for a very basic overview about how all that works together, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Sep 14 '17, 10:33 a.m.

You can simply open the work item in an RTC Eclipse client, right click on the change set link and "remove work item" to make the change set become unlinked from the work item.

While discarding a change set would make it disappear from a workspace or stream configuration, it would still be existing and could principally be found via Jazz Source Control > search change sets.

Cp. Jazz SCM FAQ discarding changes.

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

- Arne

Venkatesh R selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.