It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM CLA: Shared resource download failed from URL

Jörg Werner (3033881) | asked Aug 14 '17, 6:04 a.m.

Hi,

A already working command line adapter is not running any longer.
During execution I get no an error message that a shared resource download failed.

The adapter is now connected
"Created Commandline Adapter"
"Shared resource download failed from URL https://my_server.com/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/TDG1_QA/resource?resourceURN=%5C%5Ccompany.com%5Cdfsrb%5CDfsDE%5CDIV%5CGS%5C07%5CBU%5CTC%5CENC%5CTest%5CRQM%5Cadapter%5Crqm_get_verdict.exe - HTTP response set follows:"
rqm_responseCode: 501
rqm_responseHeader: {Transfer-Encoding=[chunked], Connection=[close], x-com-ibm-team-scenario=[10.2.51.92], Date=[Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:44:00 GMT], Content-Language=[en-US], X-Powered-By=[Servlet/3.0], $WSEP=[], Content-Type=[text/html;charset=UTF-8]}
Failed to create temporary file for the command: "Shared resource download failed from URL https://my_server.com/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/TDG1_QA/resource?resourceURN=\company.com\dfsrb\DfsDE\DIV\GS\07\BU\TC\ENC\Test\RQM\adapter\rqm_get_verdict.exe - HTTP response set follows:"rqm_responseCode: 501rqm_responseHeader: {Transfer-Encoding=[chunked], Connection=[close], x-com-ibm-team-scenario=[10.2.51.92], Date=[Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:44:00 GMT], Content-Language=[en-US], X-Powered-By=[Servlet/3.0], $WSEP=[], Content-Type=[text/html;charset=UTF-8]}
java.lang.Exception: "Shared resource download failed from URL https://my_server.com/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/TDG1_QA/resource?resourceURN=\company.com\dfsrb\DfsDE\DIV\GS\07\BU\TC\ENC\Test\RQM\adapter\rqm_get_verdict.exe - HTTP response set follows:"rqm_responseCode: 501rqm_responseHeader: {Transfer-Encoding=[chunked], Connection=[close], x-com-ibm-team-scenario=[10.2.51.92], Date=[Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:44:00 GMT], Content-Language=[en-US], X-Powered-By=[Servlet/3.0], $WSEP=[], Content-Type=[text/html;charset=UTF-8]}
        at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline.CommandLineExecutionThread.run(CommandLineExecutionThread.java:207)

I've no idea what is going wrong.May be any access rights have been changed, but not sure which ones...

thanks for any support, Jörg

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 15 '17, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jorg,

I believe you are running into a defect in 6.0.3 ifix006
If you check your QM diagnostics (qm\admin page) you'll most likely see an error similar to this

Following diagnostics are in error 
+ diagnostic 'Service status diagnostic' had the following failure: com.ibm.rqm.rtcclient.RtcClientFactory: CRJAZ1092E The "com.ibm.rqm.rtcclient.plain.PlainJavaRtcClientFactory" feature could not start.

If so, you are most likely running into Defect 164061
This has been fixed and backported to 6.0.3 iFix007

Ara

Jörg Werner selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Aug 16 '17, 4:17 a.m.

Hi Ara,

I try to get access to the log file, but it is not so easy in a big company :-)

Anyway, If I try to change the path for a test script, I get the following error:

Seems that it is the same error message?

Thanks, jörg

Jörg Werner commented Aug 17 '17, 4:41 p.m.

Log file:

Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092E The "com.ibm.rqm.rtcclient.plain.PlainJavaRtcClientFactory" feature could not start.

So we will request to install ifix 007

Thank you, Jörg

One other answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Aug 14 '17, 8:53 a.m.

Jörg,

was there a recent upgrade to 6.0.4 or deployment of an ifix to the server? If so i would consider opening a PMR with IBM support as an HTTP 501 would point to the web call being of the wrong kind. This would presumably be changed behavior in RQM rather than your permissions. It could also be related to security certificates or possibly changed proxy settings. In either case contacting your internal IT department for recent changes might be good to find the root cause.

gg,
Arne

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Aug 15 '17, 8:41 a.m.

Thanks, Arne!

we did not update to 6.0.4.
But the production server (where we have the problem) has 6.0.3iFix006
whereas the test server, where we have so far no problems, has 6.0.3iFix004

To be honest I believe (or think the probability is higher) that it is an iFix independent problem, because our production and test server are handled differently. Maybe we have the chance also to update the test server.

Anyway it would be helpful to know where the temporary file can not be created and if the RQM server has access to the shared location or not. At least for me the error message is not quite clear.

Thanks for your support, jörg

Ulf Arne Bister commented Aug 15 '17, 9:15 a.m.

Afraid you will need to have somebody (from CI) look at the qm.log on the server - ideally shortly after you execute that failing step. Likely either in that log or in the actually message.log or console.log of the WAS Liberty (or in the WAS logs if your server is running on full WAS) that person might find more details on what actually causes the http 501.

gg,
Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.