It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link constrains are not import to other project area

Penchala suman (461425) | asked Jul 10 '17, 4:55 a.m.

I’ve created master project area in RDNG, which has all our required artifact types, artifact attributes, attribute data types, link types, and link constraints. Based our master template we will create multiple project areas.

<o:p> </o:p>

Actually, we will create new project area and then we will go to manage project properties and then we will use import option to import all our artifact from my master template so that we don’t need to create an artifact again and again all my project areas. <o:p> </o:p>

<o:p>   </o:p> Problem:

When we were importing artifacts from import Project properties, it imports Artifact Types, Artifact Attributes, Attribute Data Types and Link Types. But Link Constraints are not importing. My question is why Link Constraints are not part of import and is there any limitations? <o:p> </o:p>

Please suggest us how to import link constrains from one project to other project area. We have many link constrains to manage my projects. <o:p> </o:p>

<o:p>   </o:p>

Thanks,

-Penchal 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 10 '17, 8:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Penchal,

Which release of RDNG are you using? I found defect work item import type system - link constraints are copied as part of a type system import but they are not displayed in the 'review property changes' summary (108905) which seems to indicate that importing Link Constraints through the Type System Import operation was not supported until version 6.0.4. I would suggest setting up a test environment using v6.0.4 to see if this behavior is in fact fixed in that release, and if so, you could try to contact Rational Support to see if they could accommodate the request to backport this functionality to your current release.

I hope this was helpful,
Mike Jaworski

Penchala suman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Penchala suman commented Jul 10 '17, 8:21 a.m.

Thanks Mike,

I'm in v6.0.3 (iFix004), we are planning to upgrade servers to 6.0.4 next month and will check it once we upgrade to 6.0.4.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.