It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to abort RQM execution automatically

sara chason (27224) | asked Jul 02 '17, 5:18 a.m.

Hello,

I'm using RQM execution tool to execute test suites in RQM, but I want to abort execution automatically - aborting the process of RQM execution tool is not enough (ABORT=ps axf | grep '[j]ava -jar RQMExecutionTool.jar' | grep -v grep | awk '{print "kill -9 " $1}' | sh).
it's not enough cause I still see the script that was ran from the test script running in the background and the execution still in progress in RQM web.
how do I automatically (REST API etc) terminate an execution properly?
please help!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 03 '17, 3:43 a.m.

Is it automatically or programmatically? If the test script is still running, how do you determine you should end it? I suppose you should receive some signals or messages from the script already?

sara chason commented Jul 03 '17, 4:08 a.m.

I meant programmatically..

I thought that once I end the RQM execution tool, it will stop all executions (test scripts) that started from it as if the execution Failed\Passed. the same that happens once you manually cancel a run in RQM web.
aborting the automation that started the execution in the first place doesn't send a TERM signal to the running script, so I was wondering if there is a way of programatically end an an execution in RQM. (REST API call etc.)

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Dec 01 '17, 7:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unfortunately, there is no way to terminate the execution programmatically.  Please open a RQM enhancement for this feature.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.