It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import DNG module images into RPE

Sravan Balaji (1112) | asked Jun 15 '17, 10:22 a.m.
I am having trouble getting images within requirements (format = text) to show up when I import a module into RPE.
I used dataSource/artifact/content within RPE. This makes all text show up, but images do not show up. Tables are also not formatted properly.

My data source is a DNG module and the URL I use to import the information from DNG is https://[server:port]/rm/publish/text?moduleURI=[URI of the module I want to import]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 15 '17, 1:16 p.m.

You can try adding maximiseEmbeds=true parameter to the datasource URL so that graphic is shown in the output. To print the diagram, you can Insert the Diagram artifact into a Text artifact and then GET the Text artifact (https://server:port/rm/publish/text?resourceURI=UUID&maximiseEmbeds=true).

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/231407/get-diagram-picture-in-dng-into-rpe-report

Comments
Sravan Balaji commented Jun 15 '17, 1:26 p.m. | edited Jun 15 '17, 1:27 p.m.

Hi Subramanya,

I am not trying to print a diagram, but a jpeg image. I created a test artifact with only a jpeg image in it. It still says the format is text though. When I try using resource instead of module, nothing prints out. maximiseEmbeds doesn't seem to do anything. When I used DNG text as my data source schema rather than DNG module, it printed everything out correctly because it had a richtext sub folder. DNG module doesn't have such a folder so images don't seem to be able to show up.

Do you have any other suggestions?

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 15 '17, 1:43 p.m.
edited Jun 15 '17, 1:43 p.m.

You should be using dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div in the template. This will contain the formatted text along with images.

Comments
Sravan Balaji commented Jun 15 '17, 1:46 p.m. | edited Jun 15 '17, 1:48 p.m.
I switched from using DNG Module to DNG Text as my data source schema. This allows me to use richTextBody/div. 

However, I want to use a DNG module as my data source. I tested my template with a simple requirement, but I want to be able to use this template with all of the requirements within the module. How would I do that without crashing RPE?

Sravan Balaji commented Jun 15 '17, 1:54 p.m.

Here is my current issue:

When using DNG Text as the Schema, I have access to the images. However, I cannot use a module as my data source because RPE throws an error and aborts creating my document.

When using DNG Module as the Schema, I don't have access to the images. However, I can use a module as my data source.

How can I still have access to the images and tables in the artifacts while using a DNG Module as my data source?

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 15 '17, 2:31 p.m.
edited Jun 15 '17, 2:31 p.m.

You also need to add text schema in the template. Using Data Source Configuration element, you can reconfigure the URL for each text artifact within the module and then print dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div. You can refer the sample template - use module URL (https://server:port/publish/modules?resourceURI=xxxxx) to configure "module" data source and generate document.

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414287) | answered Feb 26 '20, 3:24 a.m.
edited Feb 26 '20, 4:20 a.m.
I have a problem in printing the image.

printing dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div directly from the query container is printing image.

storing the module data in an array & printing the array does not print the image. container that starts the print is not under the context of any data source.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 26 '20, 4:28 a.m.

dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div will contain link to the image.If you are printing the variable outside the query context, you will not have authentication for the image. In that case, try setting "Inherited data configuration" property for the Text element.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.