It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error when uploading documents using RTC eclipse client

Matthew Clark (10711347) | asked Mar 29 '17, 10:29 a.m.

CLM version 6.0.3 with iFix002.

However, we are using a different version of the RTC Eclipse Client:
Version: 6.0.1
Build id: RTC-I20151109-2045

We have never had these issues before until recently. Now the user is getting errors when attaching documents to Work Items in the Eclipse Client. Error as follows:

"Error running operation 'Saving Work Item'

CRJAZ1370E The following URL cannot be reached:
/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService/{GUID}/{IDnumber}. The server could not access the remote service and returned this error: org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException."

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 29 '17, 8:09 p.m.

I don't have 6.0.1 client but with 5.0.2 and 6.0.2 clients against 6.0.3 ifix02 server(Sandbox project) has no problem in attaching documents to the work items in my quick tests.

Matthew Clark commented Apr 11 '17, 1:01 p.m.

Upgraded my RTC Eclipse Client to version 6.0.3. Now client and server are matching versions. Still getting the error when uploading documents on all work items using the thick client, but not the web client. Any ideas?

Lily Wang commented Apr 11 '17, 8:49 p.m.

The error is normally caused by slow network connection between RTC server and clients. You could enable metronome to test the connection.
As you mentioned there's no issue with web client, you can also check and compare if you have proxy setting on web browser and Eclipse client.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.