It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Timeline doesn't show all the time line in the Planned for Field in RTC 5.0.2.

Aparna Sukumaran (333760) | asked Mar 03 '17, 6:00 p.m.
edited Mar 16 '17, 1:34 p.m.

I have 3 Timeline set up, I see only one Time line and its iteration in  planned for under Plan. how to view all the timeline for selection?  Is this a known issue?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 16 '17, 7:09 p.m.

Hi, Aparna

I checked with RTC5.0.2(ifix19a) and I don't see any problem for the multiple timelines selection in 'planned for' field when creating a workitem. There is a ... next to the available selection item for you to have all of them if 'A release is scheduled for this iteration.' is set for each iteration/timeline.
How did you set the timelines and what it is like in your environment when selecting in planned for?

Comments
Aparna Sukumaran commented Mar 16 '17, 10:09 p.m.

Only in the Workitem Planned for to select the Iteration I see ... not in the Plans. When I click on the Actions on the Left --> Plan For I> only few Iterations shows up --> Click on Browse.... selection window opens . In this window only one time line is displayed with the iterations and there are no "..." to get more options.

Don Yang commented Mar 16 '17, 10:35 p.m. | edited Mar 16 '17, 10:45 p.m.

in the workitem planned for selection, are you seeing all timelines or not?
it is likely that the plan owner and iteration(plan details section) are set to specific timeline for which you can only see some of them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.