It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deploy Rational Publishing Engine Web App to CLM 6.0.2 using WebSphere Liberty Profile

Lenny Basuino (1513) | asked Nov 03 '16, 6:02 a.m.
Does the RPE ear just get deployed to the apps directory where the other Jazz apps (jts, ccm, rm, etc.) are?

From this:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6RHZ_2.0.1/com.ibm.rational.pe.install.doc/topics/t_rpeng_liberty.html

The first step is to create a Liberty profile server.  Can we just use the one that comes with CLM?

I ask the above, because that's what I tried and am getting a license error.  According to the KC instructions, the license is based off of an EV ( TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE ), but the other app licenses are configured by importing license (zip) files into Jazz.

The RPE thick client is able to obtain a license from the EV, but we're getting a license error in the web logs saying none is assigned/available for the user.

TIA!
Lenny

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 03 '16, 8:01 a.m.
I presume you have the Liberty Profile in C:\Program Files (or some other folder containing whitespaces). If the installation path contains spaces, license checkout fails for RPE web app.
Workarounds:
1. Change the installation path to one that contains no spaces, such as C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer.
2. Create a Symlink to a folder that does not contain white spaces. Example: mklink /D "C:\IBM" "C:\Program Files\..." and start liberty using the symlink path
Lenny Basuino selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Lenny Basuino commented Nov 09 '16, 11:07 a.m.

As you specified, the path not just for the RPE ear but also for Liberty Startup needs not to be void of spaces.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.