It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I get a copy of the specific version of a file that is associated with a changeset that is linked to an old work item?

Bob Ferguson (891544) | asked Jun 01 '16, 12:43 p.m.
edited Oct 19 '17, 9:14 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I am using version 3.0.1.5 of RTC.

I need a version of a file that is in a changeset that is linked to a work item that was completed a few months back.

This specific version was not baselined, there were additional changes made via another work item.

Can I get a copy of this specific version (e.g. download the specific version)?

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Jun 02 '16, 4:20 p.m. | edited Jun 02 '16, 4:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can't the original change set author/owner complete the change set? Once done, anyone can accept it into their repository workspace and merge in the appropriate changes and deliver the merge result change set to the stream.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 03 '16, 2:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think Bob mentioned in his first line the change set was completed.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 02 '16, 7:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bob,

there is no file version in the change set. There is the change to the file(s) in the change set.

However, in the Eclipse client, you can open the change set. Look at the file changes in the change set and point at a file and (using the context menu) load that version of the file.

You are running a very old version of RTC, in my 6.x version you can basically do the same in the Web UI.
Bob Ferguson selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.