It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trouble migrating CLM 5.0.2 to CLM 6.0.1

Ana Aday (112) | asked Apr 01 '16, 12:19 p.m.
I’m in charge of a CLM 5.0.2 platform (JTS, Doors, RTC, RQM), running with WAS 8.5.5, both running on Windows Server 2012. I have a DB2 database running on Linux. On the jts setup a J2EE connection to database was configured.
I’m upgrading to CLM 6.0.1. and when I run the upgrade script using the jts_upgrade.bat command, I first got an error saying that the server was running, but it really wasn't. I fixed it changing the com.ibm.team.repository.db.type property from J2EE to JDBC, in the teamserver.properties file. Then the error changed: db2jcct2 library missing. I fixed it installing the DB2 Client and setting the LIB environment variable. But now the error is: The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable.
I'm sure that the database is on and I'm able to connect to it using a JBDC Client. I set this value for the property com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=jdbc:db2://servername:50000/JTS:user=username;password={password}; in the teamserver.properties file.

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Apr 01 '16, 6:47 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ana,

The connection string in your teamserver.properties should look similar to what I've posted below, so perhaps that's where the issue is?  I notice yours has jdbc:db2:// when that should probably be removed and re-tested.  Otherwise I'd suggest checking the JTS log file for more details when attempting to connect to the database. 

//myserver\:50000/JTS\:user\=username;password\={password};

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.