It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I keep in my test suite only the test-cases that did not "Pass" yet?

Dubi Weinberg (113) | asked Feb 24 '16, 2:55 a.m.
 Let's take an example - I built a test suite having 10 test-cases. In the first run, 5 test-cases passed, 2 test-cases failed, and 3 test-cases were not executed. 

When trying to run the test-suite for the second time, I was able to "exclude" all the 5 test-cases which passed the first iteration. In this run (when only the rest 5 test-cases are executed), 3 test-cases passed, and 2 test-cases failed. 

Now - this is the problem - in the third iteration, I assumed I will have the ability to exclude all the 8 test-cases passed so far, and be able to filter only the 2 test-cases which did not pass yet... But, RQM excluded only the 3 passed test-cases from the second cycle, there was no easy way to excluded also the 5 test-cases from the first iteration. 

This is a showstopper for us - what can be done??

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Feb 24 '16, 12:35 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '16, 12:39 p.m.

Hi Dubi,

What you are seeing is how RQM currently handles that feature (Exclude Passed from Execution). It does not look like that has changed in 6.0.1.

There is an open RFE here Exclude passed should include all previous executions on the same TSER  that you can subscribe to and add addition comments as needed.

It looks like the current documentation is more clear on how that feature works. It states "to skip any test cases that passed when the test suite execution record last ran, click the Exclude Passed Test Cases (Exclude Passed Test Cases) icon." That can be found here https://www-304.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_run_tser.html 

Others may comment on how they work around this.

Thanks,
Brett

2 answers

permanent link
Dubi Weinberg (113) | answered Feb 25 '16, 4:48 a.m.
Thanks a lot, Brett. In the meantime, until the RFE is implemented, I'll use the test-case execution records (linked to a plan)  for running the tests again and and again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.