It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem: Jenkins also loads components which are not in the loadrule :(

Pascal van Kempen (23236) | asked Dec 11 '15, 10:14 a.m.
edited Dec 14 '15, 9:08 a.m.
Hi

In our stream, we have some components which are not needed anymore for the current state of the project.
However, to be able to rebuild previous versions, we want to keep the components in the stream.

We are using loadrules so the developers only see the required and actual components. For developers (using eclipse) this works fine.

However, in the Jenkins build environment, we have a problem:
Within the RTC build definition, used by Jenkins, we defined that thie loadrule has to be used.

What we see happening: it loads the components from the loadrule, but also wants to load the other components (the ones not mentioned in the loadrule).

As these components contain some files with the same name (like .jazzignore) the load fails due to :

FATAL: RTC : checkout failure: Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories.

Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories.

How can we avoid that these components are not loaded.
I can specify it in the build definition, but I don't want to update all the build definitions each time a component is not needed anymore.

When loading in other clients or via commandline, it only loads what is specified in the loadrule, and omits the other components.
I would have expected Jenkins to behave similarly.

Advice/help appreciated!

Environment:
  • RTC 5.0.2 (server)
  • Build toolkit 5.0.1
  • RTC 5.0.1 (client)
  • RTC plugin 1.1.9.1

Regards, Pascal

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.