It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a report on Requirement Collections in JRS

Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | asked Nov 30 '15, 9:28 a.m.
I have requirement collections in my IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG) application.

I want create a report which would display information about those requirement collections in IBM Jazz Reporting Service (JRS).

I do not see an option to do that in the JRS web interface.

Can I create a report on Requirement Collections in JRS?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steven Shaw (55113) | answered Nov 30 '15, 1:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually it is possible to report on Requirement Collections albeit indirectly in the Data Warehouse.  If you select a Requirement in the artifacts section, then when you add a condition one of the attributes there will be "Collections or Modules".  This allows you to add a condition on Requirement based on the Requirement Collection or Modules it belongs to.  You can also add Requirement Collection as a column in your report table by selecting the same attribute and adding in the Format Results section.

Also in our upcoming release of Jazz Reporting Service 6.0.1, using the LQE data source we expose "Requirement Collection" as a first class artifact.  This allows you to do traceability to and from it and add specific conditions to "Requirement Collection" artifact.

Hope that helps,

-Steve

Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Adam Wereszczynski (92811932) | answered Nov 30 '15, 9:31 a.m.
It is not possible to report on requirement collections in JRS.

It is only possible using IBM Cognos Business Intelligence based reporting solutions:
  • IBM Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence (RRDI) for RDNG 5.0.2 or older versions.
  • IBM ALM Cognos Connector for RDNG 6.0 and future versions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.