It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

oracle db user privilages for CLM 502 version

Naveen V (791759) | asked Nov 10 '15, 3:11 p.m.
edited Nov 12 '15, 10:24 p.m. by Lisa Frankel (5462)
I am in process of upgrading the CLM from 403 to 502 with Oracle db. I have one question about Oracle user. What privileges we need to have for oracle user for upgrade because I see some tables were altering , updating the schema and then creating the tables while doing the upgrade.

ex: Existing environment have 3 different oracle users for each applications those are jazzjtsuser, jazzccmuser and jazzqmuser so what privileges should have for these 3 users while we are upgrading it?

JDBC connection :

thin:jazzjtsuser/{password}@//lcoalhost:1521/RATDB
thin:jazzccmuser/{password}@//lcoalhost:1521/RATDB
thin:jazzqmuser/{password}@//lcoalhost:1521/RATDB

Thanks in advance for help on it.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712116) | answered Nov 10 '15, 5:05 p.m.
 Hi Naveen,

The following info center under step #3 states: The Oracle database user must be able to create database objects in its tablespace (either unlimited or with a space quota) with privileges to create session, table, procedure, and views.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_oracle.html?lang=en

Hope this will help,

Susan
Naveen V selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Nov 10 '15, 5:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree with Susan. The privileges for upgrade should be no different than for installation and may even be less.,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.