It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing a model project into Design Management seems to always exceed some kind of timeout

Francisco Rodriguez (561528) | asked Oct 08 '15, 8:54 p.m.
Hello,

I am importing a model project into Design Management which contains a lot of models . The import completes with no error after 2 hours 25 minutes, but half of the models are not imported. I think this is due to a timeout that needs to be modified .

Am I correct? If so, where can I set this timeout?

Thanks in advance .

Regards ,
Francisco R.

One answer

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered Oct 08 '15, 11:14 p.m.
Hello Francisco,

Which version of DM do you use? Rhaspody DM or RSA DM?
Which models are not being imported? Some specific kind?

Regards,
Andrey

Comments
Francisco Rodriguez commented Oct 09 '15, 10:04 a.m.

Hello Andrey, thanks for the reply. It is RSA DM 5.0.2. The models that are not imported seem to be the ones that contain more diagrams. 

Andrey Karaulov commented Oct 09 '15, 10:24 a.m.

Well, there is no timeout settings in DM. All timeouts that could affect the overall import process are rather system specific (VM or WAS settings, for example).
But in that case import would be interrupted.

What is about warning? Does importer report some dangling references, for example?

As an option I can suggest to add the following lines into <DM Install>/server/conf/dm/log4j.properties and <DM Install>/server/conf/rsadm/log4j.properties:
log4j.logger.com.ibm.xtools.rsa.rmps.shared.importer.logger=TRACE

This will enable tracing in the importer and it will be possible to find if corresponding diagrams were been processed at all (in rsadm.log you will see entries like "processing <relative path to resource>).

Also, do you have 5.0.2 or 5.0.2.iFIxX? The latest iFix8 contains a set of fixes related to the import process.

Francisco Rodriguez commented Feb 26 '16, 1:10 p.m.

Hello Andrey,

Do you know where can I find the latest iFix for release 5.0.2? We are still having some problems with the import process.

I don't know if you are a part of the Rational team, if so, I would really appreciate your email address or something like that so we can have a little conversation about the problems we are facing.

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Mar 08 '16, 3:59 a.m.

Hi Francisco,

According to the thread DM 5.0.2 iFix 11 fails to accomplish importation you seemed to have found the latest DM 5.0.2 ifix.
For the record, the latest DM 5.0.2 ifix is downloadable from : https://jazz.net/downloads/design-management/releases/5.0.2iFix11 ... DM fixes are always posted on the main design management download page: https://jazz.net/downloads/design-management/

Regards,
François

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.