It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to Create Artifacts from View

Amie Norgrove (133) | asked Aug 23 '15, 6:19 p.m.
Hi,
I'm working in a DNG module, and I created a new text artifact type.  I then created a view that showed the new type's particular attributes. When in that view, I'm not able to create new artifacts of that type (or any other).  All of the "create new artifact" options are grayed out.  I can create new artifacts from any of the other views, including the default one. I'm working in CLM 6.0.  

Can anyone provide any suggestions? Googling and searching Jazz.net hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
Amie  

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Aug 23 '15, 11:48 p.m.
Are you really sure that you can insert artifacts in "any of the other views"? If I'm not mistaken, as long as you are in a "filtered" view (meaning that not all artifacts are displayed), you will not be able to insert any artifacts. Check the status line at the bottom of the module view where it says "showing ## of ## artifacts" to find out whether all artifacts are being displayed.

Comments
Amie Norgrove commented Aug 24 '15, 10:28 a.m.

I've checked, and all 6 of 6 artifacts are showing.  I haven't applied any filters. 

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Aug 24 '15, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 It will also not allow you to add new artifacts if the view is sorted.  There is an existing enhancement request to address this if you want to add comments or support for it:  Remove unnecessary restriction on creating artifacts when filtered (91410)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.