It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attempt to run Bat file fails in IBM Rational Functional Tester

Kavi Nithi (1111) | asked Jun 24 '15, 2:03 a.m.
edited Jun 24 '15, 4:12 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)
 Hi,
 I am facing below issue in Launching application through configuring Bat file in RFT, Its getting failed to Launch My Application, Please help me to fix this issue, Thanks in Advance.

Problem(Abstract)

Attempts to run the Bat file to invoke ASDM Launcher fail in IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) .

Symptom

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load Bat file as registered application by clicking on Configure > Configure Applications for Testing > Add > Execution or Batch File > Browse > Finish.
  2. Click the Run button and notice that Bat does not open the ASDM Launcher

Expected results: I am expecting the Bat file to open ASDM Launcher as soon as you have clicked on the Run button or when the command startApp(ASDM); is executed when running the script. 

Actual results: Its not Launching ASDM and Empty Screen..

Bat File: rundll32 shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL "C:\path of ASDM launcher location\ASDM.lnk"

Cause

Unknown

Environment

MS Windows 7,64 Bit

IBM Rational Functional Tester 8.6.0

Steps Taken to Fix this

1. Re installed Java and installed in RFT Installed location IBM\
2. Re-set the Environment variables

Thanks,
Kavi

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jun 24 '15, 7:56 a.m.
Hi, Kavi

Please try developerWorks RFT forum instead of jazz.net forum which is focusing on jazz based products such as RTC, RQM, RDNG, DM etc. Your question is RFT specific and you can get more helps from RFT own forum:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000322

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.