It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to Create a History Tab with a History Section in Customized RTC Work Item Presentation

Rob Olsen (3512153) | asked Jun 15 '15, 11:03 a.m.

I am trying to create a customized Work Item type and want to include the history tab.  Everything has been going great creating the different tabs and sections until the History tab.  I can create the History tab with no problem, but when I click on the new History tab and select "Add Section", the option(s) for "Slot" is "None".  I create a Section ID and immediately the message "Slot must not be empty" and it will not let me "Save".  I look at the other default presentations and they all use "History" with slot = "None". 

History [content shared]

History (layout slot: <None>) [content shared]

I searched on-line but have not found anything about this.  Prior to this, I used an existing Presentation and just "Duplicated" a lot of stuff, but this time I decided to go from scratch. 

Is there a way to create the "History" tab and section without using an existing presentation??

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Jun 15 '15, 1:16 p.m.

Sorry, "History (layout slot: <none> ) [content shared] " should include the "None". </none>

<none> "History (layout slot: None <none> ) [content shared] " </none> </none>

One answer

permanent link
Rob Olsen (3512153) | answered Jun 15 '15, 1:30 p.m.
So it appears if  just forget about using the "History" tab and "History" layout, I can do the same thing with a tab using the "Overview" layout tab and "Discussion" for the slot designation and then select "History" as the "Non-attribute-based presentation".  Does this make sense? 

Comments
Chidambaram L commented Aug 25 '15, 8:55 a.m.

Can be done this way too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.