It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 5.0.2 Setup hangs on rm part

David Dulling (13731212) | asked Jun 08 '15, 4:26 p.m.
edited Jun 09 '15, 6:11 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103)
Hi

We're configuring CLM 5.02 (JTS,CCM,QM & RM) on a new VM server running Windows 2012 for the first time. We've chosen to install using Tomcat and SQL Server

We've entered .../jts/setup and have been through a number of steps JTS, CCM and QM quite successfully but now have a couple of strange problems:

1. It did not go through the RM setup at all (it has been installed). No mention of it in the left hand side of the JTS Setup screen
2. It's taken us to the Finalize Applications section but is just hanging saying that it's loading configuration

We have installed various versions of CLM on various servers before but have never come across this before. I've trawled this forum and Google-searched it but can't find a specific match

I hope somebody can help

Thanks

Dave

2 answers

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Jun 09 '15, 4:05 a.m.
Hi, Donald

Thanks for your reply. It looks like you were right about the length of time it takes to provision. I left it last night trying to load the Finalize screen and this morning I refreshed the browser window and there was RM after all

We're restarting the JTS Setup again and hope it now sorts itself out

Cheers

David

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jun 08 '15, 7:48 p.m.
For the RM part, did you have it in the list of applications to register before going forward? When the applications are deployed for the first time, it can take quite some time for them to be provisioned. It is possible that when JTS tried to contact these applications, RM was not yet ready to respond within the given timeout period, so that JTS did not "recognize" RM. To verify this, you can simply go through the setup procedure again from the beginning, or access /rm/rootservices to see if it is running.
For the second issue, it may not be hanging, but just "failed silently". Without detailed log files, it is hard to tell though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.