It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

the workitems added in workitems lists are not showing up in referenced workitem

Pravin Patil (104146134) | asked May 18 '15, 4:38 p.m.

Hi,

I have a workitem-A to which I added a attribute of type "workitem list" . In this (workitem-A > workitem list) I added workitem-B.

I was expecting that workitem-B should show up workitem-A as referenced in its "Links" tab, but it doesn't show up.

Does it not work that way?

How to fix this? I am looking to cross reference workitems using the workitem list type attribute.

Please let me know.

2 answers

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered May 18 '15, 5:03 p.m.
The effect you are expecting is not the default behavior. https://jazz.net/library/article/1003

I think you can create this behavior using Operation Participants, if you want.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 19 '15, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, having a work item in an attribute of type work item or work item list does not create a link and the referenced work item does not have the information.

You can use reference presentations to get both: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/12/17/using-reference-presentations-to-create-links-and-show-linked-work-items-in-rtc/

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 19 '15, 2:25 a.m.
Does it have to be an attribute? Bidirectional links work the same way out of the box. For example, in the JKE Banking sample project, if you set workitem-A as "parent" of workitem-B, then workitem-B will appear as "child" as workitem-A automatically. Or if you make workitem-A "resolves" workitem-B, then workitem-B will be automatically set as "resolved by" workitem-A. Bidirectional links appear in pairs when you add links in the "Links", apart from "parent/child" and "resolves/resolved by", there are also "duplicated by/duplicate of" and many more for integration with other products.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.