It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0 : How to set Email Notification to a perticular Team member when Test case workflow state changes.

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked May 16 '15, 3:52 p.m.
edited May 17 '15, 3:44 p.m.
There are so many states in RQM Test case custom workflow i have created like 'check H/W', 'Check Software'.....
Now if i am changing one state to another state in workflow, Notification mail being sent to everyone. I want to restrict this to particular users at some state and others users at other state.
if i am changing state from "Check Hardware" to "Check Software" then mail must go to the Team[Members] responsible for "check Software Requirement" and if i am moving to "Hardware is not ready" then it must go to the members responsible for updating H/W requirement . How can i change email notification to the some members associated to any particular state instead of sending it to everyone. Your help would greatly appreciated. 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 17 '15, 8:40 p.m.
You want something called "email rules" as such can be found in ClearQuest. I doubt that RQM has this functionality. Someone is developing custom email rules in RTC but again RQM lacks such API to do such extensions.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/174919/how-to-get-value-of-custom-attributes-in-rtc-extensions-a-simple-example-of-text-field-can-help-me
If you consider such feature is worth adding to RQM, please open an RFE.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented May 18 '15, 5:10 a.m.

Thanks Donald for response,
If RQM doesn't have "email rules" then i am wondering how can i  send an acknowledgement to the Team member(s) who is responsible for current Test case states which is changed recently ?

Donald Nong commented May 20 '15, 2:56 a.m.

Sorry I don't have a better suggestion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.