It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0 : RQM Integration with Java Application through Command Line Interface

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Mar 26 '15, 8:19 a.m.
 I am tasked to kick off simple java application on some other machine and return back it's output to RQM after Test  execution. I have done this by command line interface, registering Adapter and kicking off that java application by a .bat file on target machine, it's working fine.
now,  i want to pass some argument form RQM and access these argument in that java application for processing, can any one help out how can i pass argument and receive them in Java application ? Thanks in Advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Mar 27 '15, 7:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,

Try using Execution variables in your Commandline Script in RQM
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_configselenadp.html&scope=null

Execution variables in command-line scripts

When you run a command-line test that includes execution variables, the values of the execution variables are provided as environment variables to the process that runs the command-line test. The names of those environment variables start with "qm_" to distinguish them from other environment variables.

For example, if a test suite contains an execution variable that is named myVar , an environment variable that is named qm_myVar is created.
Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 27 '15, 8:27 a.m.

Thanks Reshma!! I will go through it and let you know for any issue.

One other answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Mar 27 '15, 7:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,

Try using Execution variables in your Commandline Script in RQM
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_configselenadp.html&scope=null

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.