It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0 : Show error message at the time of Test execution if no requirement links with Test Case.

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Mar 12 '15, 1:26 p.m.
edited Mar 13 '15, 1:13 a.m.
I have four Test cases in which only one i have manually linked with "requirement"  but not the rest of three. if i select all four test cases and execute,  they are getting executed. That's fine but I want to put a restriction that if no "requirement" linked with Test case then User get error message at the time of execution and RQM not let this execution to be completed . I know there are already some pre-conditions in RQM but i don't think this can be possible through given "Pre-conditions".Any possible solution to this?. Thanking you in advance.

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 13 '15, 3:38 a.m.

"Pre-condition to check requirement before Test Execution "      

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Mar 13 '15, 7:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,

We dont support creating custom pre-conditions. You can select any preconditions provided OOTB by RQM
Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 13 '15, 7:13 a.m.

Hi Reshma,
i didn't understand OOTB ? so, what could be possible solution to 'prevent Test case execution if no requirement associated with it'  ?

Reshma Ratnani commented Mar 13 '15, 7:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Naveen,

OOTB means Out Of The Box. So what I meant is you can only add those pre-conditions which are provided by RQM by default.
Sorry for the confusion

Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 13 '15, 7:29 a.m.

Lol. Okay, got it. Thanks for reply.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.