It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make attribute mandatory upon selecting an Work Flow Action

Ashwath G (6623951) | asked Mar 02 '15, 6:25 a.m.
edited Mar 02 '15, 6:28 a.m.
Hello,

Scenario:

We are trying to make an attribute as Mandatory upon selecting a Work Flow Action.

Example:

We have an attribute called Rejection Reason. This attribute should become mandatory when i select the Rejection Action of the workflow in that State.

I gone through one of the below jazz article but we could not achieve the above scenario as on when we select the Action , attribute should be mandatory and data is not filled in attribute when we save the operation it
should throw error with mandatory attribute as missing. We used getWorklowAction() function for this in script.

Ashwath

One answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Mar 02 '15, 3:49 p.m.
We do something similar by using the RTC built-in Advisor for Required for type and state, where you have the type of the work item and the state that it would move to using that action.  The validator gives an error that the attribute is required when they go to save.

Comments
Ashwath G commented Mar 03 '15, 2:38 a.m.

Hello Susan,

We implemented the above option. But we are looking for how to do attribute as mandatory when i select an action.

As i explained above , Assume We are in state Development. Here We have an Action called "Rejected By Development"  which have a target state "x" . When i selected Rejected By Development Action,  i want attribute called "Rejection Reason" as mandatory. Unless the information is given it should not save the Rejection By development Action.

Is there any workaround we can try on this.

Thanks in advance...!

Ashwath

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.