It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to see both indentation level and title-only of artifacts in a module view in RRC?

Endre Szalai (3245) | asked Feb 27 '15, 5:48 a.m.
I have a module with heading artifacts (for sections) and regular requirement artifacts as leaf nodes.
The Contents column will show the indentation level and the content of the artifacts.
The Name column will not show the indentation level, and will only show the title of the artifact.

Questions:
1. Using heading artifacts is the right wat to have chapters, like in a Word document, right?
2. Is there any way to be able to show both indentation level and the title of the artifacts in a module view, without showing the whole content (like the Contents column does)?

This is what I have now. As you can see, only the Contents column shows the indentation level, but Name does not. But the Contents column shows too much information, I would only like to see the title of requirements:

I am using Rational DOORS Next Generation (RRC) 5.0.2.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Feb 27 '15, 6:33 a.m.
Not sure if this is quite what you want - but there is a 'Section' attribute that you can select to view that shows the indent levels in a different way.

Also - are those really heading artefacts in your screenshot - they are not automatically numbered as I would normally expect headings to be.
Endre Szalai selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Endre Szalai commented Feb 27 '15, 8:40 a.m.

Unfortunately, sections do not help either. They only show the numbering, so the problem still exists. Requirements with long body, will occupy too much space. I really need some sort of outline view, where only the Name attribute (i.e. title) is shown, but in an indented way.

Yes, they are headings. The reason they are not numbered is because "Headline" artifact is not marked as numbered item in the module settings. If I set that, the numbering shows up properly. But it does not help with the original problem :(

Endre Szalai commented Feb 27 '15, 2:34 p.m.

After some digging and trials, sections seems to be the closest possible right now. By using section column and then the name column, I get some outline view, though not indented. Still, this is a better outline view than using the content column. Thanks for the tip!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.