It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm lscm show status reports all changes in a sandbox, not just those relative to where the command is issued

Brett Waldo (1101521) | asked Jan 29 '15, 12:11 a.m.
 Is there a method for scm show status to only report changes relative to the current directory. Equivalent to 
"git status .", or "hg status ."  (note the dot/period in those commands).  Currently it shows all changes in the sandbox, which is often too much information.

Also, show status prepends an arbitrary / before all files, as though they are absolute paths. I assume this is just a bug but figured I'd ask first if there was some reason for this.  It makes using the output of show status more difficult.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Jan 29 '15, 12:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you run from the root of the sandbox then it would display all the changes for the loaded components. If you step into a directory which has been shared to a component it will only show all the changes for that component. There is no mechanism to show only changes relative to that directory.

The '/' indicates the root of the sandbox. Probably there could be an option provided to display the absolute path in the filesystem.
Brett Waldo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brett Waldo commented Jan 30 '15, 1:54 p.m.

I ended up just writing my own script to do this. Seems like instead of having 1000 of users write this script, IBM could just write it once. It took less then a day and works exactly like svn status . now.  It appears no one has ever used the scm tools as they are largely unusable. I guess I need to start using eclipse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.