It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execute a report with RTC SDK API

Mathieu Defianas (15952938) | asked Jan 26 '15, 11:43 a.m.
Hello,
Is it possible to create a Java program using RTC SDK in order to execute a report already present and published on the server in the report tab ?
I have explored the javadoc : I have found some interesting objects (as IReportService or IReportParameter) but I don't find examples ...
Thanks for your help.
Mathieu

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Jan 28 '15, 7:48 a.m.

Hello,

I have tried to test this part of client java code on the "run" method as described by Ralph (https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/understanding-and-using-the-rtc-java-client-api/)

IReportService reportClient = (IReportService) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IReportService.class) ;           
        IProcessClientService processClient= (IProcessClientService) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IProcessClientService.class);

IReportDescriptor iReportDescriptor = reportClient.fetchReportDescriptor(projectAreaName,"Work Items by Owner");
        Map<String, IContent> maps = iReportDescriptor.getContents() ;
        teamRepository.logout();
My problem is that reportClient is null when I generate it with the teamRepository.getClientLibrary method. Very strange because for example, processClient generated with the same method is not null !!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.