It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not displaying RQM Login page

Manesh Kaniti (26104) | asked May 17 '09, 9:06 a.m.
I have installed the RQM and ran the server .it is working for the first time and after the getting same error. I have un-installed and installed again but first time I am able to login and after that I am not able to view the RQM login Page mean 1st time only . pls find the error which I am getting in RQM log.
---------------------------------------------------------
17 May 2009 18:16:18,187 ERROR net.jazz.ajax.internal.Activator - A RuntimeException has occurred while starting the WebUI services
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.jazz.ajax.internal.javascript.JavaScriptServiceImpl.registerApplication(JavaScriptServiceImpl.java:110)
at net.jazz.ajax.internal.registry.WebUIRegistryReader.registerApplication(WebUIRegistryReader.java:749)
at net.jazz.ajax.internal.registry.WebUIRegistryReader.start(WebUIRegistryReader.java:157)
at net.jazz.ajax.internal.Activator.addingService(Activator.java:61)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1064)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.trackInitialServices(ServiceTracker.java:926)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:330)
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:274)
at net.jazz.ajax.internal.Activator.start(Activator.java:46)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)
17 May 2009 18:16:22,718 WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.repourl".
17 May 2009 18:16:22,734 WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.username".
17 May 2009 18:16:22,734 WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.password".
17 May 2009 18:16:22,734 WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.repourl".
17 May 2009 18:16:22,750 WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.username".
17 May 2009 18:16:22,750 WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.password".
------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Manesh

One answer

permanent link
Erik Craig (16) | answered May 21 '09, 2:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have installed the RQM and ran the server .it is working for the first time and after the getting same error. I have un-installed and installed again but first time I am able to login and after that I am not able to view the RQM login Page mean 1st time only . pls find the error which I am getting in RQM log.
---------------------------------------------------------
<stack>
------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Manesh

Manesh,

Try editing your startup script.
In windows this would be <RQM>\server\server.startup.bat

In the script, there is a line that defines JAVA_OPTS. As a part of this line, there should be -Xss512k. Change this to -Xss768k

This *should* take care of the problem you are seeing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.