It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to edit tags inline using web plan view

Guy Slade (64158) | asked Oct 20 '14, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I have created a new view type to be used in the Sprint Plan viewer that has a number of columns including 'status' and 'tags'. If I click on a 'status' value in the web viewer I see an inline editor where I can change the status value. But this is not the case for the 'tag' column. 
I could not find any doc describing how to implement this. Can it be done? And if so, how?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 21 '14, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can not edit the tags directly on the column, however if I click the edit button on the item I can do so in the in plan editor. I tested this with 5.0.1.
Guy Slade selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Guy Slade commented Oct 21 '14, 9:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ralph

Yep, you can definitely open up that pop up editor and edit the work item in that .... I am still back on 4.6 and having to assume the behavior is the same on 5.x.

I was hoping that there may be a way to change the inline plan editor so that columns can be edited as you seem to be able to do for certain ones

Guy 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 21 '14, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think this is possible today. In most of the other attributes you just enter one value or there is a dedicated enumeration to choose from. For tags, the number of existing values can be really big and you could add new ones. Just having the context specific help would be a lot of work, I guess. So I think this is not possible today.

Guy Slade commented Oct 21 '14, 5:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ralph

yeah, that makes sense. Thanks

Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.