It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight with Cognos Mobile and Cognos Office

Anderson Oliveira Pinto (1701818) | asked Sep 24 '14, 10:00 a.m.
 Hi,

Anyone knows if it is necessary additional license to use Cognos Mobile and Cognos Office with Rational Insight ?

Is there any documentation to install/configure ?

thanks a lot !

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Sep 24 '14, 11:46 a.m.
edited Sep 25 '14, 2:38 a.m.
Hello Anderson,

the page at this link describe the differences between Insight and a standard Cognos installation:

Rational Insight and Cognos Business Intelligence
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSRL5J_1.1.1.4/com.ibm.rational.raer.overview.doc/topics/c_ovr_insight_cognos.html

Cognos Mobile and Cognos Office are not included in the Cognos component bundled with insight, so if you want to install them you need to obtain the appropriate licenses.

For the configuration the instructions from cognos should apply.
Some points that you might have to pay attention to are:
  • the cognos installation folder is [Insight Install location]/cognos
  • by default Cognos uses a tomcat server, but Insight is deployed on WAS

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Anderson Oliveira Pinto commented Sep 24 '14, 5:26 p.m.

Hi Francesco,

Thanks a lot to answer my question.

I did not understand this sentence "Cognos Mobile and Cognos Office are included in the Cognos component bundled with insight, so if you want to install them you need to obtain the appropriate licenses." 

Cognos Mobile and Cognos Office are included or not in Cognos bundled with Insight  ?

If not, do you know what kind of cognos license I will need ?

thanks a lot

Benjamin Silverman commented Sep 24 '14, 6:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think the comment above was meant to state "NOT included".  These components need to be purchased separate from Insight.  I'd suggest contacting an IBM Sales representative for purchasing information.  I haven't tried Cognos Office with Insight, but did present last year at Innovate on Cognos Mobile and that works well with Insight.

Francesco Chiossi commented Sep 25 '14, 2:38 a.m.

Sorry for the confusion, Ben is right, what I wanted to say is: "Cognos Mobile and Cognos Office are not included in the Cognos component bundled with insight,". Edited my original post to fix it.

Anderson Oliveira Pinto commented Sep 25 '14, 8:40 a.m.

Ben and Francesco, thanks a lot for your support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.