It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

iRole and itemType

Andrew Salmela (823) | asked Sep 23 '14, 9:26 a.m.
edited Sep 23 '14, 10:27 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)
 I am trying to retrieve the itemType of a RTC role but I not able to determine how to find it.  Here are the attributes I able to find.  How can I get the itemType of the IRole using the java api?

IRole[] projectAreaProcessRoleCollection = clientProcess.getRoles(projArea, null);
for (IRole iRole : projectAreaProcessRoleCollection)
{
IRole2 role2 = (IRole2) iRole;
                        String id = role2.getId();
                        String name = role2.getRoleName();
                        String label = role2.getRoleLabel();
                        String desc = role2.getDescription();
                }

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 23 '14, 10:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For what purpose would you want to get the IItemType? What do you want to do?

Andrew Salmela commented Sep 23 '14, 11:16 a.m.

We are creating a solution to programmaticly administer RTC to create projects, manage user, manage roles, etc. to reduce administration needs and streamline with our company processes and policies.  According to a post by Nick it is best to store both the UUID and itemType.

In order to cover all bases and prepare for future requirements I would like to access the itemType for Roles.  I am able to access the itemType by simply calling getItemType() for Users, ProjectAreas and ProcessDefinitions but I cannot find a similar method for Roles.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 23 '14, 11:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can see from looking into the SDK IRole and IRole2 are no interfaces that implement IItem. Therefore I assume you won't be able to get that information. I would suggest to store the identifier, name etc from IRole and IRole2 instead.
Andrew Salmela selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.