It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can someone help me with rational requirements composer 4.01 download.

Chuck Redd (83) | asked Aug 22 '14, 8:40 p.m.
I am  having trouble downloading rational requirements composer 4.0.1. I will appreciate you helping me get the software ready for my first day of class next week. NB: I could not find version 4.0.1 so I decided to download version 4.0.7 but was prompted to download the web installer and  for every time  I did I keep getting this error message, Windows cannot download the installer. The compressor(zipped)folder
'C:\Users\Prise\Downloads\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.7.zip' is invalid

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Aug 23 '14, 3:25 a.m.
Yeah I also had problems with the web installer. It does slightly simplify the installation process but firewalls and other things can get in the way.

Using a Download Manager like DownLoadThemAll as described in the Download Tips can help.

If not you can download the package separately, along with IBM Installation Manager, and install the product locally: instead of clicking the large "Donwload the Web Installer..." button click the small "More Download Options" button underneath it to the right and then scroll down to "IBM Installation Manager Repositories". It is a big download and you also need IBM Installation Manager to actually unpack and install it but that too is a free download. This is what I had to do in the end.

Also note that the latest version of this product has been renamed Rational DOORS Next Generation and is available as version 5.0 Here, so if you want/need the absolute latest version this may be the one to go for.

Good Luck,

Ali

Chuck Redd selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.