It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create and Print PDF/Word feature in RRC

SYED HUSSAIN (3719) | asked Aug 11 '14, 4:24 p.m.
Artifacts, modules and collections can be exported using Create and Print PDF/Word feature in RRC.

What template they use for it? How can we edit it?

Is it same as Generate RRDG Reports? If yes I have emptied C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates folder, but 'Create and Print PDF/Word feature' still creates pdfs and docs,

I need to customize the formats for print documents.

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 11 '14, 4:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Syed,

Yes, RRDG is the component responsible for generating reports in RDNG and the templates you mentioned are the right ones.  They are loaded on the server when you initialize the publish service, which is probably why emptying the folder still resulted in reports running fine.  As for controlling output format, the server generates the DSX during runtime, so it is not possible to control output formats unless you're running the report from RPE.  Word and PDF will always be an option when running a report on the server.  Have a look at the reporting wiki for more information about the reporting capabilities built in to RDNG.

Comments
SYED HUSSAIN commented Aug 11 '14, 5:33 p.m.

Thanks alot Benjamin.

In that case and in any case I have to edit those formats in RPE and update and republish?
To get the udpated DXS you just mentioned for these formats?

Benjamin Silverman commented Aug 11 '14, 6:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Syed,

The only thing you could modify in RPE is the template dta file.  The DSX is generated dynamically during runtime.  The report outputs provided in the report wizard cannot be configured.  What output format were you hoping to generate from within RDNG?

SYED HUSSAIN commented Aug 12 '14, 2:33 a.m.

I am just looking to create PDF/Doc output for my module through Generate and Print PDF functionality in module interface in RM.

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Aug 11 '14, 8:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You could modify the MANIFEST and enable the print templates on the Report Wizard tho I am not sure they would behave 100% since that was not the original use of them.
From the wizard you can choose the output format you want

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.