It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use the "References" linktype in RRC\DNG?

Shirley Jhirad (514251) | asked Jul 24 '14, 10:44 a.m.
Hi,
There is a System-defined link type called References i wish to use in order to link between two artifacts in RRC\DNG.
 As i look at the linktype description, i see it's a general link type that should always be available to use.
Unfortunately, as i try to add a new link of this link type, I never see it on the list of available link types. Can someone advise?
Thanks in advance,
Shirley

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 24 '14, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Shirley,

It may not be entirely clear from the CLM Help pages, but the "References" link type is intended to be a cross-project link type. This means that this link type will only be available for project areas which are configured to provide "Related Requirements" to other RRC/DNG project areas. 

To configure this, you will need to go to the project area in question, and navigate to "Manage This Project Area" from the cog button in the top-right corner of the page. From there, scroll to the bottom of the Overview page, and you'll need to Add an Association to another RRC/DNG project area. Once you do that, and click Save, you should be able to see the References link type in these project areas.

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.