It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are Templates (.dta's I created in RPE Doc Studio and visible there) not visible in RQM or even Windows explorer?

Ken Mullen (611) | asked Jul 15 '14, 9:43 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '14, 2:42 p.m.
Rational Publishing Engine 1.2.1, 1.2.1.1   Windows 7 - Windows Explorer, RQM Version 4.0.2

Attempting to use RQM with a .dta file from RPE.     Note:  .dta file works, then if modified RQM will not display the file name but will display the existing file names in the same directory.

Why are Templates (.dta's I created in RPE Doc Studio which are displayed in the list of Templates there) not displayed in RQM list of templates or even Windows explorer?   (believe I was even exposing hidden files)

Created templates inside RPE Document Studio, just slightly Modified existing template - saved as new name. 
Those .dta files which I created inside RPE Doc Studio - along with pre-existing templates are displayed in the RPE products when looking at Template Lists, but .dta's which I created don't seem to show in lists anywhere else. 

(i.e.  In RQM, pre-existing .dta's in same folder display, but one's I created will not display.  Windows Explorer the same issue - even when hidden files are displayed.)

2 answers

permanent link
Dragos Cojocari (211) | answered Jul 17 '14, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Ken,

where are you creating those files? Does it happen to be somewhere on the C: drive?  Are you running RPE Studio and QM/Windows Explorer under the same user account? If you run either of them as administrator you should run the other as admin as well.

Regards,
    Dragos

permanent link
Dragos Cojocari (211) | answered Jul 18 '14, 3:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
See this to learn more what is happening if you try to edit a "dta" directly in C:\Program Files or other system areas:
http://blogs.windows.com/windows/archive/b/developers/archive/2009/08/04/user-account-control-data-redirection.aspx

Regards,
   Dragos

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.