It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can I not see my subsequent team work items in my plan?

Daniel Ruebush (9715987) | asked Jul 02 '14, 11:41 a.m.
 Hi Everyone!

I have an issue where I am unable to see subsequent team work items in my plan. I am currently at
Rational Team Concert 4.0.6 on Windows
Websphere version 7.0.29

I tried to make a plan and include my subsequent team work items in it. But they are not showing in the plan in the eclipse client. I only see them when using the Web UI

For example I have:
My Master Team (PrimaryTeam)
Child teams are (Secondary and Backup)

I have mapped the categories in the same hiera:
Parent Category is PrimaryTeam
Child Category is Secondary with team Secondary mapped
Child Category is Backup with team Backup mapped

When I try to create a top level plan. I try and create defects, stories and tasks the only work items are the ones for the master team in the plan. 

We tried linking the child work items to the parents that didn't help either.

Any help on what I am doing wrong or suggestions on where to look would be very helpful.

Comments
Robert Wen commented Jul 02 '14, 12:07 p.m.

Plans are filtered off of iterations in the Planned For attribute and the categories in the Filed Against attribute.  Are your work items all in the same iteration that you've set up the plan for?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 03 '14, 2:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please look at https://jazz.net/library/article/589

In general:
* Plans show only items that are in the scope of the owner (team or project hierarchy) and the iteration (hierarchy).
* The Web UI is - sadly - what most users want and it has more features than the Eclipse UI.
* The Web UI shows much more outplaced items (grayed out, not in the scope of the plan) than the Eclipse UI. Apparently sometimes in 4.0.x it started to show outplaced child work items in the Web UI, which it did not initially and does not in the Eclipse UI.
Daniel Ruebush selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.