It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define 'Date format' for TCER Start time, End time while uploading Testcases from Excel to RQM4.0.6?

Sirisha t (1058) | asked Jun 05 '14, 8:44 a.m.
Hi,
Im using "Scripts that create testcases with TCER" sample config file for uploading Testcases to RQM4.0.6. How to define 'Date format' for TCER's Start time, End time while uploading Testcases from Excel to RQM4.0.6 in IST time format.
 I have referred the link: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Configuration_file_structure  and tried the format, still getting errors for date format while upload.

Regards
Sirisha

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 05 '14, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Sirisha,
In the samples directory of the RQMExcelImporter installation, there is a example Excel file, Execution Results.xls, that has a Start Time and End Time you can use as an example. 

An example of a date in this file is:
2009-07-24T13:04:00Z

The example uses Z which is Zulu time, but if you leave that out, I believe it uses the server time. 
I hope this helps. 
Sirisha t selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sirisha t commented Jun 06 '14, 5:20 a.m.

Hi Erica,
I have tried above date format it worked fine but now it is throwing error past12 noon.
Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application.
The string was not recognised as valid Date Time. There is a unknown word at index 0.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

** Exception Text **
System.FormatException: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is a unknown word starting at index 0.
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
   at Mso2Rqm_Common.ArtifactFactory.fillRefs(Worksheet currentWorksheet, Int32 iCurRow, PreferenceStore

Could you please help how to resolve this issue?

Erica Tran commented Jun 06 '14, 9:22 a.m. | edited Jun 06 '14, 9:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure.  The example of the time 2009-07-24T13:04:00Z that I took from the sample, Execution Results.xls, is a time after 12:00 noon.  Does this value work for you?  What is the exact format you're using?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.