It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is iteration field greyed out when I create a TestCase Execution Record?

Wendy Murphy (1512633) | asked May 08 '14, 12:24 p.m.
edited May 12 '14, 11:45 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
I am running RQM 4.0.6 I have enabled team areas and support for multiple timelines. Created the timelines and iterations, made the iterations current and created teams associated with the timelines. When I create a Test Case Execution Record The field to select the iteration is not available? I can't find any location that triggers this is permissions? Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered May 08 '14, 5:53 p.m.

I guess you have followed the help here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_setup_timeline_iteration_team.html

Some points to check here are:

1) have you set "A release is scheduled for this iteration"?

2)Have you done "

8. Define the test plan schedule by associating the test plan with a set of iterations.

and if the TCER is associated with the test plan?

Wendy Murphy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Wendy Murphy commented May 09 '14, 8:25 a.m.

Thanks for the response I have followed all of the above instructions.

This is what I have

Team Contributor role - Created a timeline v10.22
Created a parent Team called V10.22 QA
Created a child team call ESMT v10.22
Added a user as a team member to ESMT v10.22 team gave a full permissions for Save Test Plan.
When I select the team ESMT v10.22 I immediately receive error message you do not have permission in Team Area????

Don Yang commented May 11 '14, 1:20 a.m. | edited May 11 '14, 1:21 a.m.

I am confused what you have done. In the original descriptions, you mentioned you have created test plan, timeline and iteration and team and associated it with the iteration.
In that case, if you follow the Help instructions to add the iteration in Test Plan's schedule section(see below), then you should be able to see the iteration when creating TCER. But now you said you have problem in creating a child team? is this the same issue or different one?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.