It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove the message "One of the Client Access Licenses has expired"?

Stephane Couillaud (15632545) | asked Mar 24 '14, 2:51 p.m.
edited Mar 26 '14, 3:26 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
Has anyone been successful in removing the message "One of the Client Access Licenses has expired"?  Our users get constantly confused by this message.

I seem to recall from the last year's conference that IBM had promised the ability to remove the message from the System Alerts link but I don't see that ability. I'm currently using 4.0.6.  Is anything being done about that?  I see references here:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/98246/how-to-get-rid-of-the-message-a-license-is-expired-in-the-systemmessage-area?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F98246%2Fhow-to-get-rid-of-the-message-a-license-is-expired-in-the-systemmessage-area

and these two work items defect 172895defect 162595 and wi174513 but nothing since really.

Any ideas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Mar 24 '14, 3:55 p.m.
Since 4.0.5 you can simply remove all the trial and expired licenses within License Management.

And the message goes away.
Stephane Couillaud selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephane Couillaud commented Mar 24 '14, 8:21 p.m.

Finally we have the ability to remove trial licenses.  I had given up on that and thought it was still not possible. I successfully removed them and just need to reboot my JTS server to make sure they don't sneak back.

Kevin Ramer commented Mar 25 '14, 7:08 a.m.

I had accomplished this in 4.0.3 as well... 

Stephane Couillaud commented Mar 25 '14, 6:17 p.m.

Yes I noticed that it works in 4.0.3 too.  I had given up on that a while back.  This is great!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.